Who is this for:
- For anyone interested in finding out about pastels before they buy any supplies. It’s ideal for beginners and those who have used pastels before but who are not sure if they need pencils, sticks or pans and also which support suits their style of application. Some papers are more suited to loose work, some for detailing, come and try many brands and surfaces to see which suits you before you buy everything (like I did!)
What you get:
- A fun but busy day’s tuition 10am – 4pm (or hours to suit)
- Safe on site parking in a beautiful setting with rest room facilities
- All materials are supplied. Pastel pencils, sticks, pans and papers for you to try. You do not need to even own anything pastel related! If you already have supplies, feel free to bring them with you and I can offer advice as to how you can best use them.
- Easy to follow advice which will help you consolidate your learning at home. You will be able to continue improving your pastel techniques by following my simple instructions and get good results by using the right materials suited to your style.
- A full list of materials used will be supplied so you can make notes of what you like or don’t like plus you can take home the swatches you used throughout the day to remember which you liked best.
- Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits are supplied at all times (everyone needs a cuppa!) Please bring some snacks with you to nibble on throughout the day.
Where is the course:
- At my small holding in my custom built log cabin studio deep in the woods of the very beautiful Forest of Dean near Ross-on-Wye.
- Easy links from M50 and M5 with plenty of local bed and breakfasts or hotels.
I want to book it for someone else:
- No problem simply book it and I can liaise with the lucky person to arrange the date or I can supply a beautiful gift package (additional £5) for you to present on the day allowing the recipient to contact me to arrange a suitable time.
- Contact me for more information or book below and I will be in touch to confirm dates.
I can’t do a full day:
- Don’t worry, many people split the day into two more bite sized portions.
I’m more experienced and want to learn techniques to improve my skills:
- If you prefer a more in depth tuition, why not consider my Luxury Pastel Art Experience Days which include a luxury art bundle to take home.