I use the finest artists quality materials – faber castell pitts, stabilo carb’othello, pan pastel and derwent pastels on archival quality specialist Clairefontaine pastelmat paper. These materials will ensure your pastel paintings last longer than a life time. I spend many hours ensuring that not only are my dog portraits realistic and life-like but that all my portraits capture a memory in time, something to be treasured each time they are looked at.
If you are interested in making a commission or tuition:
- Read my pet portraits commission guide
- Find pet portraits photography tips
- Find out more information about framing your pet portraits.
- If you need further information please contact me
- Order your custom artwork directly
- Or you can buy Original Art and Fine Art Prints
- Book private pastel painting tuition or download art tutorials
- Contact me about ordering a custom commission.
- I will look at any photos you have making suggestions about medium (charcoal – black and white or pastel – full colour) and size and if you require framing.
- You will be asked for a 50% deposit to confirm your booking. You can use BACs or I can invoice you directly.
- If you are struggling with photos, read my photography guide, but if you prefer, I can take references for you. You are welcome to bring your pet by arrangement to me near Ross-on-Wye/ Forest of Dean or I can travel to you. Mileage charges do apply and are charged at 45p/mile.
- I will create mock ups for you so you can choose settings, make changes to the scene before work actually begins.
- You will be added to my commission work list, you will be able to check back to see where you are but I will email you as soon as I am ready to begin work.
- I will send regular email updates where you can see how things are progressing, offer advice and make changes to ensure the finished piece is perfect.
- Once you have approved the finished portrait you will be invoiced (or you can pay by BACs) for the outstanding balance. You portrait will be packed safely and sent to you with tracking to ensure safe delivery. You are more than welcome to collect in person by prior arrangement, I love meeting clients and pets in person!
- If you do not approve the portrait, this shouldn’t be the case with the emails back and forth however just in case, there is a full money back guarantee whereby you will be refunded and I will retain the portrait to do with as I see fit.